Starting with a little background: To the best of my knowledge, I don't breakout on my body. I have really minor Keratosis Pilaris (aka KP or chicken bumps) on the back of my arms but that's about it. But about 2-3 months ago... I started experiencing mild bacne! Sometimes I'd experience minor ichyness and to the touch, I could feel my back producing oil. When the heck did my back start producing oil?? It's always been dry lol. I had no idea and still don't know where it came from or what caused it. (UPDATE 3/18/2012: I completely forgot to update this but it turned out to be my new Tresemme shampoo and conditioner! Just after switching that shampoo and conditioner out, my back went back to normal. Hallelujah! So if you're having this issue, try switching out your shampoo and conditioner! Lately I've been using SLS free shampoo and my body and hair have been responding well.)
My personal routine:
1. I shower every day.
2. I scrub my entire body down every day with soap/body wash. I alternate between a loofah and an Italy towel (see here).
3. I change my sheets every week.
4. I wash my clothes after 1 wear.
5. I don't wear clothes that's skin tight. I try to keep it loose, cool, airy.. Hah.
Even with this routine, it still wasn't going away!
I decided it was time to ask friends for their recommendations. I didn't know who to ask since my friends and I haven't talked about bacne before but surprisingly, quite a few have experienced before and/or are experiencing it now! Now, I wasn't excited about that fact of course but more about the fact that I could get some feedback on what products to use.
All three friends I asked recommended Neutrogena's Body Clear Body Wash(the original one). Unfortunately, when I went to Target that day, Neutrogena's Body Clear Body Wash was sold out! Their Body Scrub & Body Wash in Pink Grapefruit were available though so I went ahead and purchased their Body Wash in Pink Grapefruit. I also purchased their Body Clear Body Spray for reasons you'll read about later. Both were purchased on sale. The Body Spray was $5.25 and the Body Wash was $7.19.
I started using Neutrogena's Body Clear Body Spray later that day. TWO days later, my back was no longer irritated or itchy. FABULOUS. I was ecstatic. A few more days pass by (maybe another two?) and my back is clear. WHAT~. I didn't start using Neutrogena's Body Wash in Grapefruit till about three days after I purchased it so I can't really vouch for it's bacne-ridding-properties. In my honest opinion, I don't understand how a body wash with Salicylic Acid would help since it's being washed off your body right after you apply it. But I can vouch for Neutrogena's Body Spray. Stuff's good.
Verdict?
I'd highly recommend Neutrogena's Body Clear Body Spray for those who are having issues with bacne. At least mild bacne since that's what I had. YAY for a clear & itch-less back again! Seriously that itch was probably the most irritating part. Originally, I was thinking, "Oh well. Bacne is kind of normal. I can deal." But I couldn't deal with the itchy back since my arms are so short! lol Phew~
A note about amount of product usage:
The Body Spray will last a loooong time. Me thinks. This picture below depicts 2 weeks usage. Every day after I shower, I use about 6 sprays on my back and I still have a ton left! I know. "Six sprays?? Isn't that overkill?" I just wanted to make sure I was doing well to cover my entire upper back. And it worked! :)
The Grapefruit Body Wash on the other hand... This picture below depicts 1.5 weeks usage. It's going to be finished in no time. Probably won't be repurchasing it again but to be honest, it does smell super nice! So maybe. :)
For more information on the two products I used:
Neutrogena Body Clear® Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar